Thursday, March 25, 2010

Be Thankful

I just got off of facebook.. my guilty pleasure! I found out that a girl that I went to college with needs our prayers. This girl was one of those people you could go to with anything and she was willing to help. She is a beautiful person inside and out. She has 3 children all under the age of 4. She has one boy the oldest that is 4 and 2 girls. Her son has been really sick and in the hospital undergoing tests. They found out today that this precious little boy has leukemia. I have no idea the extent I am actually not really familiar with this disease but I do know that this is not good. She and her family are some of the greatest Christian people that you will ever meet. Coleton will be 3 next month and I can not even begin to imagine what this family is going through. It literally breaks my heart for them. Things like this always bring up the questions of why. Why did this happen to this wonderful family, why did it happen to an innocent child why why why. The whys can go on forever but we just have to trust as Christians that God is in control. Miracles happen every day I know because I experienced one on Feb 18 2010 with the birth of Cash.
I know that I complain about little things with my boys, or my husband, or money or whatever but I would die without my family. I know that if anything happens to this little boy that his parents will be wishing for things to complain about with him. Please take a moment right now and hug and kiss those that you love. Let them know that they mean the world to you. Life is too short not to. Remember next time that your kids make you so mad you want to scream that at least they are there and healthy enough to make you mad! Each of our children are a gift from God that we need to thank Him for every second of every day! So remember that the little arguements that we think are so important that we will not give into because we are going to be right if nothing else and yes I am speaking from experience ha ha. Those little arguments are trivial and at least that person is in your life to have that argument with! Call all the old friends and family that you have not talked to lately and tell them that you love them. Life is short we need to enjoy the time that we have and be thankful that you have been given the gift of another day with your friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment